It’ll be February soon, and by now many of us have gone off track when it comes to our New Years Resolutions. It’s common for us to revert back to our old habits and dismiss the plans we made for…
Energizing Your Home for Back to School Success
We’ve said goodbye to lazy afternoons by the beach, backyard barbeques and summer camp. Fall is here, and for parents, that means a return “back to school”.
If you’re lucky, your child is excited to get back to school to reconnect with old friends, make new ones, and learn new things. Other children are less enthusiastic or even anxious about returning to school or going for the first time.
The educational model in the public school system today is outdated. Rather than encouraging imagination and creativity, it focusses too heavily on memorization and repetition. This approach simply doesn’t work for today’s generation. Because they can access information in real-time with the click of a button, we need to teach our children to think critically and problem solve, not memorize! It’s no wonder children struggle to adjust and thrive in what can feel like a restrictive or even stifling environment.
The good news is that there are practical steps you can take to smooth your child’s transition back to school and set them up for a successful school year. Here are just a few:
- When you give your child a ride home from school, engage in a conversation about what they did and learned that day. If your child rides a school bus home, prepare a healthy snack for when s/he arrives home and spend a few focused minutes together with no distractions. This sends a clear message that you want to know what’s going on in your child’s world.
- Ask specific questions about your child’s day and encourage him or her to share thoughts and feelings openly. Maintain eye contact and don’t speak over your child when he or she is sharing. This shows your child that you’re interested and engaged.
- Each and every day, let your children know that they are loved and needed in this world.
- Make sure your child knows that you believe in them. Acknowledge their strengths and positive attributes.
- Recognize that there are many different learning styles and one is not better than another. Every child thinks and processes information differently. Be supportive of your child’s unique learning style and ensure they get the right support in the classroom.
- Serve them a snack or meal before they do their homework. This will give them the fuel they need to focus.
- Your child may need to unleash some pent up energy through physical activity before being able to do homework. Let your child run around the backyard or take him or her to the park.
- Create a clean, organized, well-lit and quiet environment where homework can be completed. Children have difficulty focusing in a chaotic, cluttered or noisy workspace.
- Crack open a window at home! Fresh air will revitalize your child after a long day stuck indoors.
Energizing Your Home for Back to School
- To help your child focus on his or her school work, bring an ametrine pyramid into your home for your child’s desk. Ametrine – a naturally occurring amethyst citrine combination from Bolivia – supports massive focus and concentration. In addition to placing an Ametrine pyramid in your home, consider purchasing a small, flat ametrine stone in your child’s pocket so the energy can help them focus throughout the school day.
- To encourage imagination and foster creative ideas, introduce an Amethyst cluster into the home and place it on your child’s desk or dresser. It will help open their third eye, an energy zone on the body connected to thought and creativity.
- If your child is stressed out by the difficulty or amount of homework, purchase Labordorite to relieve anxiety and invite happiness and intuition into the home.
- Use Rose Quartz in your child’s bedroom to promote calm, love energy and rejuvenation.
- Place a Salt Crystal lamp in your home to remove negative energy, induce sleep, and create a calm, tranquil atmosphere.
- Consider starting the new school year by painting your child’s bedroom walls in a new color:
- Light purple. Light purple aids in connection with spirit, which fosters stability, creativity, and confidence.
- Ideal for children who need support, green enables your child to stay in their spiritual heart. It activates the heart chakra (energy zone), helping your child to feel supported, open and emotionally safe.
- Yellow will give your child more confidence and stronger leadership skills. It also supports self-expression and will help your child feel secure within his or her self.
- Light blue. Light blue will help your child communication. But be aware –if you choose this color, you will need to spend more time in your child’s bedroom to promote speaking in that space. Personally, I love painting the family room or kitchen or kitchen blue to promote openness of communication for the entire family.
By integrating these stones and colors into your home, you will energize your home for success and promote the confidence, growth, security, and stability that your child needs to thrive! Please, don’t succumb to pressure to put your child in a box! Embrace his or her differences. Love, support and empower your child to reach his or her unique potential.
Don’t hesitate to contact me to discuss how you can utilize stones and crystals to create balance and invite prosperity into your home or office!
Wishing you and your child a year of rewarding learning and growth.
– Michal Mael
About Michal Mael:
Michal’s worldly background made her the perfect ambassador for nature’s gems. She was born in Israel to parents of Iraqi, Yemenite, and European origins moved to America at a young age and grew up in Lexington, Massachusetts. As a pre-teenager, she mastered sales in her mom’s retail store, and by the age of 19, Michal opened “Jewels of the Nile,” a traveling business selling beads, statues, antiques, and crystals.
Through decades of traveling the world to handpick and sell gems, Michal became a leading expert on rocks and minerals. Transforming any environment with Nature’s Art Decor™ is her specialty. Michal believes that each crystal has a specific purpose and place in life, business, and the home. Tranquility and abundance can be achieved through the right placement of Nature’s Art.
From international businessmen and women to Beverly Hills celebrities, and everyone in between, Michal uses her expertise to place the exact crystals needed, giving clients the alignment they desire in both home and work environments. She has developed her own technique and system of Energy Positioning Placement™ and teaches audiences about stones and energy all over the world.
Connect with me: